PAX: Whittler, FNG-Rogan, Gusher, Jazzy Jag, Newport, Burrito, FNG-Pediasure, Blindside, Cottontail
58 degrees, misty mountain high-dollar air, Paul Blart on the scene trying to ruin our morning plans. No thanks, Paul. Join us!
Forward Fold, Willy Mays Hays, SSH, Mtn Climbers, Slow tempo merkins, maybe something else…
200 M run and return to shovel flag and blocks
Course was set with 5 blocks (official Iron Pax weight) on each side of the shovel flag; paint buckets as way points for the designated stop points
Burpee Broad Jump (BBJ) Relay
All pax line up with their own block. First man in the line performs burpee broad jumps to the first bucket; do 5 burpees, turn around and lunge back to starting point. Upon returning, the next pax in line goes.
While traveling PAX performs BBJ’s, all other pax perform the following movements non-stop:
1) SSH x 10 IC
2) Squat with block x 10 IC
3) Curl x 10 IC
400 M run; jail break for 50M
Head over to maintenance building.
Wall Sit Superset
Mohammad Ali’s x 10 IC
Smurf Jacks x 10 IC
Joe Frasier’s x 10 IC
Smurf Jacks x 10 IC
Ray Lewis’ x 10 IC
Smurf Jacks x 10 IC
Partner up for shuttle-run mini dora
1) 50 Merkins
2) 100 Monkey Humpers
3) 150 LBC
400 M Run
The Real Seven Wonders of the World
A group of students were studying geography and they were asked to list what they considered to be the Seven Wonders of the World.
Though there was some disagreement, the following got the most votes:
- Egypt’s Great Pyramids
- Taj Mahal
- Grand Canyon
- Panama Canal
- Empire State Building
- St. Peter’s Basilica
- China’s Great Wall
While gathering the votes, the teacher noted that one quiet little girl hadn’t turned in her paper yet. She asked the girl if she was having trouble with her list. The girl replied, “Yes, a little. I couldn’t quite make up my
mind because there were so many.”
The teacher said, “Well, tell us what you have, and maybe we can help.”
The girl hesitated, then read, “I think The Real Seven Wonders of the World are:”
- To Touch
- To Taste
- To See
- To Hear
- To Run
- To Laugh
- And to Love.
It is too easy for us to look at the exploits of man as “wonders” while we overlook all God has done, regarding them as merely “ordinary.” May you be reminded today of those things which are truly wondrous.
- Future Weasel Shaker Jazzy Jag brought up Weasel Shaker discussion point around #pax-data and the ‘Post : Q Ratio’; offering advice on improving that number. The important note here is he’s speaking YHC love-language (data). He definitely knows how to get into the moleskin (wait, what?)
- FNG – Pediasure loves the Braves; even wore his Chop shirt this morning. This is what a real fan looks like, Volunteers!
- FNG – Rogan is a ring-side orthopedic physician for UFC, so there’s that… talk about job security!
- So get this, you ever get the feeling you’re being watched?? I do…
So, I roll up to the parking lot – dark everywhere and no cars in the lot to speak of – I’m there early to set up the workout. So, I park close to the gate opening and I’m tossing buckets and blocks over the fence to then walk around and set up. OUT OF NOWHERE! The GI Joe version of Paul Blart Mall Cop comes marching down the track (it’s dark and I don’t see him until last second) to cross-examine me as if I’m a witness called to the stand. Very early in the conversation he offers his credentials as Athletic Club Property Manager and goes on to tell me it’s private property. Wanted to be sure there wasn’t any money changing hands or anyone getting paid to do the workout. I gently talk him down from an 11 to a 5.5. then, GET THIS – He walks off to go train (read: clipboard) this woman he was with! What?!?! … So, Paul is a personal trainer and a property manager??? I EH’d him. He will definitely never come. He definitely was the opposite of nice in his cross-examination. I hope we see him again real soon; we should bring and throw monopoly money around next time during the workout to make it look like we’re exchanging currencies. I wonder if this is allowed? Only see these kinds of checks and balances on Signal Mountain folks…
- Burrito confirmed his love for F3 Signal Mountain (and YHC). He will prob be on slack soon. We can confidently say that his cup is now overfloweth with Purple Cyanide F3 Koolaid
- Don’t sleep on Blindside’s quickness. He’s sneaky fast. How else does a guy give three sermons on Sunday morning with travel in between to two different campuses? I don’t see how the man does it, but full respect for his ability to reach and preach to the Sunday faithful. True High Impact Man.
F3 Dads – 10/19 at Landfill. reserve your tickets now!
F3 Chattanooga turns 3 in November. Convergence plans underway – stay tuned!